söndag 3 oktober 2010

Couch Surfing

Last night I attended a couch surfing party in Sundsvall. We were only four people there, although there are 104 couch surfers rgistered in the city. Still, we had a great time sharing our experiences. I became a couch surfer member in april 2010, and I still haven't had the oppotunity to sleep in someone's couch, and this summer a few people asked me to show them around Sundsvall, but I wasn't in town during summer. So this was actually my first meeting with other surfers.

For you who does not know what couch surfing is:
It's a global network of people sharing their couch. Some give you breakfast too, and the guys from yesterday told me one man once gave them both breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's free to join and easy to come in contact with people. It's also a great way to meet new people in the city you live in.

My original plan was to find surfers in the Gambia who was willing to let me sleep on their couch, but my plans changed and the trip went to Morocco instead. I didn't find any surfers in Asilah or Imlil, so I never got the chance to try.

One of the guys from yesterday is a jester and on his last tour he had been couch surfing every night.
Right now, I can't wait until I have the opportunity to travel again and try this kind of experimental way of living and travelling.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar